The Hydroponic Black Bucket may be the most simple hydroponic system, both to make and take care of. Hydroponic Buckets work best for plants that produce a lot of fruit, need a lot of water, or get big. Plants such as tomatoes, watermelons, cucumbers, and pumpkins work incredibly with hydroponic buckets! Making a hydroponic bucket is an easy DIY hydroponic system that will produce great results. It’s simple to use and doesn’t take up much space.
- 5-gallon or 3.5-gallon bucket
- Optional: Black Bucket Lid
- Net Pot Bucket Lid
- Grow Medium
- Aquarium Pump
- Air Hose
- Check Valve
- Air Stone
- The first step is assembling the air system. Connect your air hose to your air pump. At the other end of your hose, connect the check valve. You will need to connect the check valve the correct way or air won’t go through the valve. Many check valves have arrows depicting the direction of air flow.
- Connect another air hose from the check valve and into the bottom of the 5-gallon bucket, Keep in mind the longer the length of the air hose the less efficient your pump will be.
- Place your air stone into the bucket. Connect the air hose to the air stone.
- Add the growing medium into the net pot. Add the plant you intend to grow. Then, add the water and mix your nutrient solution.
For more information, check out the official NoSoil Solutions website!