Drain Level Tube
A drain level tube can save you a lot of time, work, and headaches. Adding a drain is a simple way to get water out of your reservoir without breaking your back. A reservoir drain also can double as a water level, letting you know when your nutrient solution is getting low. Luckily it is extremely easy to make a hydroponic reservoir drain for a bucket, tote, or tube.
- PVC Tube
- 1/2 inch elbow
- 1/2 inch rubber grommet
- A reservior
- 1/2 inch drill bit
- It only takes approximately 5 minutes to make a hydroponic reservoir drain!
- Drill the hole in your reservoir at the very bottom — so when it comes time to drain your reservoir it will drain as much as possible.
- Insert your rubber grommet into the hole.
- Take the 1/2 inch elbow and insert it into the end of the PVC Tube.
- Insert the end of the 1/2 inch elbow into the rubber grommet by slowly twisting it back and forth.
- Finally, fill your reservoir with water to make sure your seal is tight and that there are no leaks.