DUTCH TREAT HEDGE SHEARS LIGHT DUTY
Dutch Treat Hedge Shears are designed to cut plant stems and hard shrub branches. They’re the perfect tools to have on hand when gardening, farming, and flower arranging.
The primary purpose of pruners is to remove dead, diseased, or damaged stems and branches from plants and bushes. It’s important to remove parts of plants that have died because dead stems tend to attract unwanted insects and harbor diseases. Pruning will also help to improve plant health and prevent undesired growth.
- Rugged handle design
- 65 mm Carbon Steel Blade
- Heavy duty Spring
- Light weight design
- Super strong blade for hard cuts
- Safety lock for storage
- Perfect for trimming unwanted Brush or shrubs
How to Use:
- Take a look at the plants within your garden and make note of which areas require the most attention.
- Adorn gloves and protective eyewear to protect yourself from scratches and any debris that may become airborne as you prune.
- Begin the pruning process at one end of your garden and work to the other end, plant by plant.
- Remove any dead or diseased portions of plants and trim back overgrowth. Hold the end of branches and stems with one hand, then use your pruners to cut with the other.
- Take a step back from your plants, bushes, and trees to check for unevenness or missed overgrowth.
- Make clean, deliberate cuts to avoid damaging your plants
- Disinfect your pruner blades after each cut if trimming a diseased plant
- Encourage plant growth by cutting back stems to the bud or branch
- Cut branch intersections that form an angle less than 45 degrees to allow for better growth
- Don’t twist or turn branches and stems as you cut them
- Avoid pulling on tree branches to get a better cutting angle
- Try not to over-prune plants — you want at least 2” of length between branches and tree or bush trunks
- Refrain from pruning plants right after growth begins in late spring, as it prevents them from fully growing